|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and more. What will you help us create?
Digital is on the cutting edge of many issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), mobile devices and custom hardware. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows.
Digital is looking for a Product Engineer to help validate that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the of applications and services, discovering and addressing issues, building automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios. You will have the opportunity to learn from, and be mentored by, those who are building and securing our cutting-edge services.
A Engineer at Amazon is expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the Digital team and to multiple groups throughout Amazon. engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following engineering best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a thought leader for the organization.
A Engineer must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the Digital team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement. They should have an understanding of the application of Information in a broad range of technical areas.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new skills in the course of your duties.
• Application reviews
• Penetration testing
• Projects and research work as needed
• training and outreach to internal development teams
• guidance documentation
• tool development
• metrics delivery and improvements
• Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
Note: While the majority of our /Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network .
• 2+ years of professional experience with engineering, system and network , authentication and protocols, cryptography, or application .
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• An understanding of web services
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.