|Category||Research Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you passionate about conducting research to drive real behavioral change for front line employees? Would you love to see your research in practice, impacting nearly a million Amazonians globally and improving their employee experience? If so, you should consider joining Organizational Research and Measurement (ORM)! Our goal is to be best and most diverse workforce in the world. ORM uses science, research and technology to optimize employee experience and performance across the full employee lifecycle, from first contact through exit.
The candidate will join a team of interdisciplinary research scientists involved in measurement and strengthening of Amazon's safety culture. This will be the team's I/O thought leader and consult on, research, and manage projects regarding survey design, assessment validation, and measuring aspects of employee behavior/culture. A major focus is to design, develop, and improve the way we measure crucial areas of the employee experience (e.g., safety). This role is equal parts researcher, consultant, and assessment/survey developer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong bias for action, effective communication skills (writing, interpersonal, public), deep expertise across various facets of research fundamentals (research design, measurement, statistics), the drive to deliver high quality results quickly, and the ability to adapt to ever-evolving work environments and business priorities.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Lead research initiatives to effectively measure and strengthen Amazon's organizational culture as it relates to safety. Assessment design and validation.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that has expertise in social science, machine learning, econometrics, psychometrics, natural language processing, forecasting, optimization, business intelligence, analytics, and programs.
- Query from multiple data sources, data cleaning and exploration, and advanced statistical analysis.
• Write high-quality, evidence-based documents that help provide insights to business leaders and gain buy-in.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on a wide variety of topics related to research design, measurement, and analysis.
• PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or related fields.
• 2-4 years experience conducting assessment development and validation.
• Proficient with SQL and at least one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience working as the primary investigator on a project
• Expertise on research design methodologies for experiments, quasi-experiments, and observational studies. Experience in qualitative research.
• Prior well-established recognized academic experience, multiple publications in top-tier academic journals
• Familiar with machine learning tools and data infrastructure in Amazon Web Service
• Ability to engage business partners and stakeholders and solve an ambiguous business problems with appropriate choice of data science solutions