|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Colorado|
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Senior Customer Solutions Manager you will be responsible for helping guide AWS customers along their journey to the cloud. In this highly visible role you will ensure that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
You will be a critical advocate for our customers and the AWS Partners that work with them, helping guide the customer through the operational, educational and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
You will work with customer, AWS Partners and leadership, driving collaboration among the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, and customer teams, planning and supporting the customer cloud journey. You will translate strategic initiatives in the account plan into executable actions, working backwards from our customer's key milestones and business outcomes. You will manage cadence by leading the reporting and tracking functions along the way.
You are motivated to take ownership on customer challenges, and help drive successful outcomes in conjunction with your assigned Partners and account groups. You will bring the best of AWS/ Amazon to our customers, and proactively help solve the customer's challenges through new ideas, tools and processes.
Successful candidates have a strong bias for action, are detail driven, have excellent problem solving abilities, strong technical acumen, and are exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, negotiate and lead virtual teams. Your cloud experience and operational excellence will influence the Partner decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
You will evangelize AWS services and influence partners for customer adoption. You are passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions and driving innovation, and also be obsessed with contributing to the day-to-day management of the customers successful journey with AWS.
• BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, or a related field or 10 years of large scale IT solution architecture, deployments, or program experience.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise scale infrastructure or architecture, or development-based cloud programs/projects
• 7+ years' experience in IT, either as a vendor, partner, ISVs, consultant or have prior experience working with or managing complex programs
• Ability to travel up to 50% as needed
• Ability to be a strategic thought leader and trusted advisor to Partners and their customers at the C level
• 3+ years working with partners (Software, Consulting, VAR) with knowledge of deal lifecycle, pre-sales cadence and go to market motions
• Technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
• Direct Developer experience or experience working with Developers
• Thorough understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery and/or IT life cycle (experience with DevOps).
• Strong listening skills with demonstrated ability to ask effective questions, ability to dive deep and understand customer's business priorities, and look around corners
• Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change and is comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills (PMP, SCRUM/Agile, or SAFe certified)
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
• AWS or other cloud certifications (Certified Cloud Practitioner, Solution Architecture, ASA-o2)
• Multiple Locations Available (NY, Boston, VA, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, CA, Seattle or Virtual).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.