|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Colorado|
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
In this role, you will work directly with operations leaders at Amazon sortation and delivery sites to help them maximize the performance of their robotic technology. You will wear multiple hats, including being a technical and end-to-end system expert, rolling out new robotic products and tools, and advocating for customer needs back into AR. You will be the primary communication link between Operations and robotics for a region of the network, and drive changes to global AR network through your regional peers. As a Robotics Support Manager, you'll coach operations leaders on operational best practices, robotics tools and system functionality, and new AR technology. You will work to ensure optimal robotic system health and performance by diving deep into the technology issues, and driving mitigations and corrections with technical teams, and influencing long-term root cause corrective actions. You will work cross functionally to support new product roll outs and experiments in your region. You are also expected to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
• Responsible for health and performance of robotic technology within Amazon Transportation sites in a regional hub. Drive consistent application of best practices and tools with site Operations teams.
• Provide local site presence, maintain relationships with site leaders, and act as an on-site escalation point for complex site and network-wide issues
• Dive deep into data and operational or technological issues, provide clear resolution and path forward. Solve problems that span support, software, hardware, and system performance teams
• Actively contribute to and leverage best practices and standards, staying current on both the technology and product to anticipate and prevent unnecessary escalations
• Own investigation and resolution of customer questions and issues at various levels of complexity and customer impact, escalating where necessary
• Identify and drive improvement opportunities regionally and to the global network through operational and/or technical changes.
• Assist with new product/feature introduction in alignment with the product development organization
• Develop training documentation and mentor other team members
• Provide "voice of the customer" feedback to support and product teams to drive long-term mitigation of performance issues and customer needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or relevant experience
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills, with the ability to competently discuss complex technical issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge and/or working experience with analytical tools (sql, Excel, tableau)
• Masters degree in Engineering and/or MBA.
• Experience in operations environment
• Experience in consulting or professional services at a technology company
• Experience with hardware, software, and solutions troubleshooting