|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this wave. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products that respect our customers.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in the Alexa Privacy team, you will help solve ambiguous problems, develop new technology, and establish the standards and processes to drive usage of that technology across all of Alexa. Working directly with technical, product, legal, and compliance stakeholders, you will have the opportunity to help impact the design, architecture, and implementation of the services and solutions our team builds.
Does this describe you? Apply now and help us make history in Alexa while building out the second headquarters for the most customer-centric company on Earth.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
• 4+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
• 2+ years' experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
• Technical experience in building custom, distributed software at scale
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience in data privacy or security compliance in a highly technical environment.
• Experience executing software programs in support of a major compliance effort
• Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations. Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Hands-on.
• Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• Have a strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.