|Country||United States of America|
|State||District of Columbia|
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Public Policy, to report to the Director, Public Policy. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and executing government affairs advocacy objectives and political priorities for Amazon on issues related to counterfeiting, trademark, product safety, and brand protection at the federal level. The Senior Manager will represent Amazon before Congress and other relevant federal agencies, to establish, enhance, and preserve key Amazon corporate relations with Members of Congress and their staff, Administration officials and their staff, and other policymakers.
In helping to set the public policy and advocacy agenda for Amazon as it relates to counterfeiting, trademark, product safety, and brand protection issues, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with others in public policy and business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Senior Manager will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives. The Director will be responsible for effectively educating legislators, key agency officials, and their staffs on issues related to counterfeiting and brand protection.
As appropriate, the Senior Manager will work with others on the public policy team to facilitate high-level meetings between executives and key stakeholders, including congressional, regulatory, and industry association and alliance partners, to promote and advocate the company's public policy objectives. The Senior Manager will work with others in public policy to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
• BS/BA required.
• A minimum of 8 - 10 years of relevant experience with - and a keen working understanding of - public policy as it relates to counterfeiting, trademark, product safety, and brand protection issues, including the mechanics of legislative and administrative policymaking process and procedures, effective lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
• JD or Advanced Degree preferred, law degree or advanced degree not strictly required but would be a strong plus.
• Previous policy engagement/advocacy experience before federal policymakers and their staff.
• Prior experience with steep learning curves, and the ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
• Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
• Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across organization and culture.
• Ability to understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect corporate operations, identify business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal customers.
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.