Work hard and make history with Amazon's International Public Policy Team. The Senior Manager, Economic Policy and Regulation, Australia and New Zealand, will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, in support of Amazon's global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, topical, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organisations and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues, spanning policy, consumer and commercial environment.
As the Senior Manager, Economic Policy & Regulation, ANZ, you will be responsible for engaging and partnering with policymakers, regulators, academia and other non-governmental groups in the field, in support of our consumer-centric business model. You will do so at the highest levels of government, policy-making and economic regulation community, to ensure the businesses can continue providing an innovative consumer-centric experience. You will lead external advocacy efforts, outreach programmes, partnerships, and initiatives in support of these objectives. You must be able to manage and drive complex projects, and provide clear and confident guidance, including in situations of high ambiguity. You will need to demonstrate an astute understanding of the public policy and regulatory environment for economic policy and regulation. You will coordinate Amazon's engagement with relevant industry associations and wider coalitions, as well as think tanks and policy-making organizations; and manage consultancy support.
Internally, you will coordinate across Amazon's business and corporate functions, locally and globally, to develop and implement positioning and engagement strategies. You will be a confident leader, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
You will be willing to travel internationally, based on business need.
The position can be based in Canberra or Sydney. The applicant is required to be already located in Australia, with full working rights.
• BA/BS require
• 15 years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, law firm, trade associations or non-governmental organisations
• A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation
• Full written and spoken fluency in English
• Law Degree or Master's Degree in an area of study relevant to this role
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development in Australia / New Zealand
• Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels
• Outstanding written communication skills in English and a proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing
• Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry
• Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others
• Ability to be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen
• Demonstrated experience developing and improving operational processes to drive business efficiencies
• Proven ability to build effective partnerships with business owners and technical partners
• Working proficiency in additional languages