|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering|
|Country||United States of America|
The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced security-focused Software Development Engineer with a strong background in cloud platforms and Linux-based development. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services - if you are passionate about AWS and have experience building critical services at global scale, this is the team for you.
In this role, you'll work on a new, high visibility, email-focused security service. This service will offer new capabilities both for security organizations at Amazon and for Amazonian end-users. In this role, you will write the front- and back-end software that delivers a service scaled for use by all Amazonians and that handles billions of messages per year.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and building services that scale for millions of global users
• Driving new innovation in the AWS ecosystem
• Solving complex problems with elegant solutions by working across teams and organizations in AWS
• Expanding your own skills by constantly learning and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes
• Owning, supporting, and further developing products and services your team owns.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong programming skills in C
• 2+ years of experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
• 2+ years of experience with Test Driven Development or writing unit tests
• Strong understanding of DevOps practices
• Experience in internet-facing email services like Postfix, sendmail, and/or Microsoft Exchange Server
• Experience with milter / libmilter
• AWS certifications such as SA Professional and DevOps Professional
• Hands-on experience delivering software systems using AWS products
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions in a team-based environment
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines build processes
• Experience with UI frameworks like React
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.