|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer in Tools/Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will use your passion in coding to stress prototypes and suggest design improvements to deliver superior products.
You should have a combination of solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The software you build should expose API defects in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. In this role, you will:
• Define test strategy, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for QA testing with a focus on automation
• Write sophisticated SW tools for Signal/DSP/Audio processing (Python/Matlab)Scripting/programming in python and Matlab experience is required
• Define test plans and guidance for junior level QA technicians
• Define and implement improvements to our existing processes and automated tools with the goal of increased testing scope and efficiency.
• Collaborate across teams within SQA and tools development team to enhance total product quality
• Document the performance of the devices in the different controlled conditions.
• have experience in Audio DSP domain implementing filters and interfacing with external audio devices
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
• 5+ years of software code development and automation framework design
• 5+ years developing scripts in python
• 5+ years of experience in C/C++ development
• 5+ years of experience working in Linux environment
• Experience working on embedded platforms (including WiFi and BT) and Android platforms
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Familiarity with product development lifecycles and highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product development cycles
• Demonstrated experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings•
• Experience implementing filters and interfacing with external audio devices•
• Experience simulating/modeling acoustics•
• Understanding of audio quality testing.• Experience working with consumer products involving multimedia content
• • Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skill
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.