|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experiences today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow. The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement and automating tests for regression and new features. Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to iteratively improve our software development process.
• 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge of Python/Java programing or fluency in other scripting languages.
• Knowledge of SQA methodology and tools.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions/regressions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
• Experience programmatically testing products, creating test plans, measuring test coverage, developing the best automation, driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
• Define and implement improvements to our existing processes and automated tools with the goal of increased testing scope and efficiency.
• Experience with embedded systems, consumer devices, or mobile apps.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions.
• Fluency in programmatic-level testing and user-level automation.
• Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation