|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering|
Are you looking to join a team that is among the fastest growing organizations at Amazon? Does wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment sound like a good fit? Then consider joining the Amazon Self Service Product Advertising team. You will be solving difficult non-deterministic workflows, work with highly scaled systems, and changing user requirements. Amazon Self Service Performance Advertising is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth.
We are currently developing innovative new features, and we're looking for top test/quality engineers to ensure our very high quality bar is met and raised. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will architect, design and build test suites and frameworks to push our advertising systems to their limits and beyond.
You will work with program management, development teams and our QA organization to scope out features and understand the customer requirements, then work side-by-side with the team to ensure the quality of our system.
You should have a demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing performance and scale test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments. You should also be comfortable presenting technical material to internal and external audiences in support of our customers. Candidates should be able to develop test frameworks, define and implement functional tests, perform failure testing with fault injection, understand complex distributed system architecture, design and develop performance and stress tests.
• Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
• Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
• Own the delivery of an entire software development test suites and frameworks.
• Management and execution of project plans and meeting delivery commitments.
• Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale.
• Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. You are capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 1+ years of experience in software development and testing in Java, C++ or C#
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Experience working in a cloud based development and production environment such as AWS
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test frameworks
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills