|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS Security is seeking creative engineers to join a high-performance team building new systems to improve security of the AWS cloud.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. Our team's primary focus is on designing and building internal services that help us scale and constantly improve our security. At AWS, we believe that humans and data don't mix. As a Systems Developer in AWS Security, you will be responsible for building, operating, and enhancing large-scale systems.
In this role, you will:
• Build systems that affect the whole company. You will work with engineers across AWS to learn how things work under the hood.
• Solve new challenges. Our team is pushing the envelope. We do not get comfortable with the status quo.
• Analyze telemetry from distributed systems and identify opportunities to optimize.
• Work with range of cutting edge technology, including building with AWS services.
You're a great fit if:
• You're excited about making the AWS cloud more secure
• You love automating things
• You are a lifelong learner, you like taking things apart and figuring out how they work
• You ask \"why\" a lot, and until you get to the answer
• You believe that Security should be a place where solutions are invented and problems are solved (not a place where we say \"no\" to ideas)
• You've got serious coding and scripting skills
If this sounds like you, let's talk! If this doesn't sound like you, but you're excited about what we're doing, reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org)! We are also hiring Technical Program Managers, Software Developers, Security Engineers, and Technical Manager roles.
• 7+ years relevant work experience
• Experience in automation via shell scripting/Perl/Python/Ruby programming
• Experience with at least one modern scripting or programming language (C++, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
• Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations in a diverse environment
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive to launch new services
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.