|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full-Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Kansas|
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Higher Education market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider for Universities? Amazon Web Services is expanding in the U.S. Public Sector market, and the Education group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Representative to focus on Higher Education institutions.You have sales experience in Education with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. You are a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. You have both a sales and technical background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects.
You are an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• This role will focus on customers in Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma.
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and industry vertical
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
• Accelerate customer adoption
• Maintain a robust sales pipeline
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
• Manage contract negotiations
• Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
• Ensure customer satisfaction
• Travel as necessary
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 7 years of enterprise technology sales related sales or business development experience with experience selling software solutions to the Higher Education market
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
• Experience selling to Enterprise Education accounts
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Good customer network
• Strong leadership skills
• A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS
• MBA degree in relevant field
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.