|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management|
The Amazon Vision Operations Center (AVOC) team is an initiative, which remotely handles exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers Globally. AVOC seeks to complement automated vision based decision-making technologies by providing remote human support for the subset of tasks which require higher cognitive ability and cannot be processed through automated decision making with high confidence. This team provides end-to-end solutions through inbuilt competencies of Operations and strong central specialized teams to deliver programs at Amazon scale. It is operating multiple programs including TRON, VBI, Proxemics, and other new initiatives in partnership with global technology and operations teams.
The Manager II supports the operations manager in leading a direct and indirect workforce to improve quality in FC space via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting the management to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan.
The Manager II will lead a team of Shift Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, earn-trust, and best-practice sharing.
Job Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct supervisory responsibility of a team of 100 to 120 members and will be managing associates and front line managers.
• Lead a core group of high achieving shift managers and associates to maximize their team's output and ability to meet exacting targets within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment.
• Provide individual coaching feedback sessions, and weekly one-on-ones that focus on improving customer satisfaction.
• Manage and drive staffing plans, cost analysis, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, projects and other Change/ Kaizen initiatives as required.
• People management i.e. appraisal, training and mentoring talent to grow within organization & control attrition
• Monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding the team accountable responsible for meeting and exceeding performance targets for the team
• Nurture a culture within the team that consistently demonstrates alignment with leadership principles; visibly ties department decisions to leadership principles and tenets.
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent is required.
• 8+ years' work experience with 4-6 years People Management experience required
• 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
• Applicant need to be in People Management role
• Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs highly desired
• A people person, able to inspire others and maintain morale.
• A self-starter can work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
• Able to problem solve using deep dive analysis and develop and manage projects to completion.
• Strong in your oral and written communication skills, with an ability to influence through careful and well-structured argument.
• Excel trained with an ability to utilize and manipulate multiple data sources in order to assess performance.
• MBA from a top B-school.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service team management and supervision, ideally in a similar environment. Fluent English skills are required for this role.
• Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation