|Category||Business & Merchant Development|
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and the AWS GovCloud (US) team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced organization. As a business development manager for AWS GovCloud (US), you will have exciting opportunities to grow and expand the AWS GovCloud (US) customer and partner-base across the US Federal Civilian market segment. In this role, you will be focused on leading growth for citizen engagement/citizen services mission-oriented agencies and programs within the federal government.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of cloud computing; possess a background in partner and business development; and have proven results with introducing a product into new markets. Candidates must also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to dive deep and tactically drive business development programs. Candidates are expected to have the ability to write and convey compelling customer value propositions and business case/financial proposals. Through your work across AWS, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, customer and partner onboarding, and overall adoption of AWS GovCloud (US).
As an AWS GovCloud (US) Business Development Manager, you will:
• Research, Identify and develop strategies to expand business in untapped markets and customer domains for the AWS GovCloud (US) region; including creation of new capabilities and solution sets to meet customer requirements and address emerging trends
• Identify specific customer segments, industry verticals and partner markets to approach with targeted value propositions and business case proposals leveraging AWS GovCloud (US).
• Identify key industry segments and work with the AWS sales and partner development teams to introduce AWS GovCloud (US) to customers and partners.
• Define, develop and manage GovCloud-focused AWS programs and initiatives tailored to specific markets and customer segments.
• Research and develop business cases to support detailed product feature requests in AWS GovCloud (US).
• Collect, create, and manage the creation of sales collateral to facilitate the business development process.
• Work collaboratively to develop and execute the sales/business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. AWS GovCloud (US) PMO, sales, legal, support, etc.).
• Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams to develop new campaigns, programs, and go-to-market initiatives for AWS GovCloud (US).
• Monitor customer onboarding and adoption; develop approaches to increase adoption, revenue growth rates and workload retention rates of AWS GovCloud (US).
• At least 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and/or product management experience, specifically for solutions focused on the US Federal Civilian market.
• 5+ years experience with FedRAMP, DOD SRG, ITAR, DFARS and other compliance/security regimes germane to AWS GovCloud (US).
• Bachelor's degree is required; concentrations in either business or computer science preferred.
• 5+ years experience with cloud computing and the public sector.
• Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing, web services and enterprise software.
• Experience working within the enterprise software development industry or consulting services.
• Business Development and/or Technical Program Management experience leading federal IT and application modernization programs; HHS/CMS, Department of Education, and/or Department of Treasury/IRS.
• Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Ownership oriented; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• The ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
• Self-motivated and a strong bias for action; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age