|City||London (Greater London Area)|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and organizations around the world. With the launch of AWS Edge Computing services like AWS Outposts and the Snow Family, AWS cloud services can now be deployed in any physical location, including directly in a customer's datacenter.
AWS is seeking a Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) for our Edge Computing business (Outposts, Snow Family, Wavelength and Local Zones). In this role, you will work with cross functional teams through the order to deployment process of all our Edge Computing services. You will have the overall ownership of and responsibility for delivering solutions that exceed our customers' expectations. The TDM will mainly work with business development, service development, sales, and solution architecture teams.
AWS Outposts is a fully managed service that extends AWS infrastructure, AWS services, APIs, and tools to virtually any datacenter, co-location space, or on-premises facility for a truly consistent hybrid experience. AWS Outposts is ideal for workloads that require low latency access to on-premises systems, local data processing, or local data storage. AWS Snow Family are highly secure, petabyte-scale data transport and edge computing products that are used to collect and process up to petabytes of data on customer premises and in remote locations.
The Technical Delivery Manager has project management and/or customer success experience with a terrific reputation for delighting customers and driving complex initiatives. She/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against solution deployment plans and consistently deliver on quarterly targets. The ideal candidate will possess both a technical and project management background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CxO level as well as with software developers, IT architects, and infrastructure staff. The Technical Delivery Manager will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely has experience with a major vendor in the IT infrastructure or services market and embraces all aspects of customer success. Knowledge of legacy IT environments, data centers, enterprise applications, and business operations, and a background that enables them to create scalable programs is also important.She/he will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define, build and evangelize best practices around the delivery of AWS Edge Computing services
- Manage a number of customer engagements concurrently & strategically
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in creating and optimizing deployment processes and repeatable playbooks
- Engage in executive meetings to understand the customers' deployment needs and concerns as well as define solutions
- Drive internal and external enablement
- Evangelize AWS Edge Computing services within AWS, and externally
- Track and report metrics and progress
• Demostrable background in leading customer success, technical account management, or similar
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Experience and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing, data centers, and IT in general
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Extensive engagement management, technical account management, infrastructure deployment, or program/product management experience
• Experience working with public sector customers
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, data centers, software, etc)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.