Join the Regulatory Intelligence, Compliance, and Engagement (RICE) team within Amazon Legal. RICE's mission is to maximize lawful selection of products offered through Amazon.com and Amazon.ca while minimizing unlawful selection, product regulatory risk to Amazon, and negative impact on customer trust.
We are looking for someone who can contribute to the group's operational excellence by assisting with the execution of our compliance life cycle and ensuring that high quality compliance inputs are provided in the process. To be successful, you must be comfortable working on repetitive tasks requiring strong judgment, have the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, both verbally and in writing, and must be able to identify and document improvement opportunities within the processes you work on. You will have strong prior work experience in a professional setting, a cooperative attitude, and organizational skills. The position requires that you be self-motivated and will involve both independent and team work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You also need great judgment, a sense of humor, and a desire to learn and be curious.
The Associate Compliance Specialist will:
1) Work with the team's program manager to analyze data and identify areas of improvement within the compliance life cycle.
2) Perform legal research into a variety of complex federal, state, and local regulations.
3) Communicate with stakeholders about RICE's compliance decisions and actions.
4) Create, develop, and improve processes that are utilized by the team to effectuate compliance decisions.
5) Learn and provide recommendations for improving existing technology that's relied upon to operationalize compliance actions.
6) Support projects to improve efficiency and quality of our operational processes and work products.
• 2+ years' work experience in a regulatory compliance environment with a focus on execution and operational excellence.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience researching, analyzing and synthesizing federal and state regulations
• Prior experience with project management
• Data analyst training
• Data driven decision making experience
• Strong written communication
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.