|Category||Business & Merchant Development|
This position can be located remotely or at one of our US based Amazon offices.
Do you have a passion for Healthcare? Are you excited about helping not-for-profit (NPO) healthcare providers implement innovative cloud computing solutions to analyze and understand the vast amount of information they need to serve their patients? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand how data becomes information, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for large scale data repositories, and the analytical tools that help them access them? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform for healthcare? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Principal Technical Business Developer in Clinical Informatics with expertise in large-scale data and analytics to help accelerate our growing NPO healthcare provider business as part of the World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Principal Tech Business Developer in Clinical Informatics within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your responsibilities will include engaging with customers across healthcare organizations to deepen our relationships, working with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events to drive thought leadership, leading the process to guide our healthcare solutions, and creating significant business opportunities for AWS Public Sector. You will work closely with the AWS Public Sector sales, solution architect and professional services teams and engage healthcare organizations to help map clinical/operational, analytics, and population health workflows to AWS workloads. You will help develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including areas like Electronic Health Records (EHR), interoperability standards adoption (such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (or FHIR)), precision health, advanced AI analytics for population health and digital therapeutics. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by healthcare customers globally.
• 10+ years of relevant business or technical leadership, product management, business development, program or project management, and/or operations experience in and around information technologies, with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to healthcare/clinical informatics.
• 3+ years' experience with clinical applications and their interdependencies.
• 3+ years' experience with HIPAA regulatory considerations.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study.
• Experience working in or with US-based not-for-profit healthcare providers
• Demonstrated interest in the healthcare industry - good understanding of how the healthcare industry (both provider and payer) operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem
• Knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.