|Category||Business & Merchant Development|
Business Development Manager - Based out of Chandigarh India
Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in Public sector?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing?
Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As the Business Development Rep within AISPL focusing on the education, State governments, and non-profit markets you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 etc). Your responsibilities will include helping to define key education and public sector market segments to target, building the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to impact new AISPL business in those markets, and drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business relationships. You'll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the high level government officials and educators, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/She should have a consistent track record of consistent business performance. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for generating and qualifying leads at scale and close business.
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive India education and government and market and technical strategy.
• Participate in Education and Government procurement process through tenders and RFPs
• Position and empanel AISPL services on rate contracts of state nodal bodies
• Help define the AISPL government, education, non-profit market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AISPL strategic direction.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, Capture team, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
• Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key AISPL customers.
• Work closely with the AISPL customer base to ensure they are successful using the web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
• Understand the technical requirements of AISPL customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the product offerings for developers.
• Understand and exploit the use of tools and other internal Amazon systems.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of key markets.
• Grow the business to develop an independent territory.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
• Experienced with account management (Government, Education, Healthcare and Non-Profit) and solution oriented business development.
• Relevant technical knowledge such as: fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
• 10+ years of business development experience in technology industry
• Several years of experience of positioning cloud services to customers.
• Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
• C-level of engagement and communication skills. .
• Must have a understanding of government procurement and education contract procedures.
• Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
• Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
• The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess several years of business development in enterprise
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.