|Category||Finance and Global Business Services|
|City||San Francisco Bay Area|
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member in our Amazon Devices finance team. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing reporting and business support for data-driven decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, data collection and manipulation capabilities, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As a Financial Analyst, you will work directly with business leaders to identify opportunities and drive process improvements. Job responsibilities include:
• Leading short-term and long-term financial planning
• Coordinate and support the month-end close process
• Presenting financial summaries and business insights to senior management
• Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business
• Deriving meaningful insights and recommendations from large data sets
• Tracking initiatives that span multiple business functions
• 3+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
• Advanced Excel & business modeling skills required
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment and a strong desire to exceed expectations
• A quantitative thinker able to use numbers to validate critical concepts as well as able to extract meaningful insights from data
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Basic knowledge of SQL is preferred
• Experience with COGNOS, Oracle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.