|Category||Fulfillment & Operations Management|
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking a Operations Manager for our Prime Now 3P network throughout the United States. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your merchant locations. Through process compliance and execution, you will ensure your team is executing a best-in-class operation, driving cost down. You will partner with support teams (HR, Business Development, Tech, etc) to influence and support business critical projects and initiatives. Due to the nature of the business, you will also be expected to interact internally to director-level audiences, as well as interacting with merchant store management on a regular basis.
As a new business leader, you are expected to be a subject matter expert on all 3P processes, establishing KPIs and goals for your team.
You and your team of Area Managers are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. Managing your teams remotely will require you to have excellent communication skills, holding your teams to high standards and
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed...innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
Additional Job Elements
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
• Able to travel domestically up to 75%
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 2+ years of direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
• Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends
• Track record of using data to identify problems and solutions
• Strong skills with Excel
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
• 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Strong analytical capability; SQL knowledge preferred but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.