Our teams strive to make Amazon the best place for Sellers, Vendors and Brands (our customers) to reach consumers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. We leverage technology including automation, self-service, associate tools, and machine learning to both prevent Seller, Vendor and Brand contacts based on knowledge obtained during our support interactions, and to handle those contacts with quality and efficiency.
The candidate for this position will possess deep knowledge and expertise in ACD Systems, Contact routing, automation tools, have strong experience designing and implementing effective mechanisms, and is expected to develop a broad understanding of business and operations across the Selling Partner organization. The ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action in ensuring the projects are set up for success in achieving our goals, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence. This role will play an important role through the improving, optimizing and will get exposure to senior leadership across the organization and within the broader Customer Trust and Partner Support organization in which we sit and will be part of the SPS leadership team.
This role will be responsible for defining a robust plan to realize significant benefits partnering with teams on improving and scaling our routing and workforce tools and growth strategies supporting some large scale Operations initiatives.
In this role we are looking for a Sr Program Manager to lead key transformation programs and organizational change initiatives for going across an intersection of our in-house and Outsource partner locations. You will be responsible for shaping the end-to-end experience for a large multi-function Operations business.
You must not only be able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in to understand many perspectives and experiences and get the job done. This role is inherently cross-functional and highly visible with senior leadership. The Sr Program Manager will be passionate about customer experience, innovation, simplify systems and cross-team partnerships to deliver business impact. You will prepare strategic recommendations, roadmaps and program updates to senior management.
The right candidate will possess a strong customer experience, analytical mastermind and strong commercial/financial backbone and have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and change from the ground up.
The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
This role is based in Seattle, WA and will involve some International travel.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to:
• Prior experience in routing systems, automation tools and worked programs that are technical in nature
• Have a passion to optimize and solve for the Selling Partner experience.
• Be able to define the objective function, Identify cross functional resources and optimize where work flows
• Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities
• Have a passion for continuously improving customer (internal and external), tools and the support experience
• Have experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
• Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment
• Be a problem solver who always thinks about what to do next
• Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
• Provide direction to the team to execute and ensure mechanisms are implemented to track progress.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have selling partner quality as the top focus.
• Be a visible and vocal role model across the wider business for Amazon's customer-centric culture, championing Seller's needs and using data and technology to anticipate and exceed them
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's Degree (in Technology) or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of hands on industry experience in managing Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) and telephony systems.
• Extensive experience breaking down complex problems and setting a vision to simplify, improve, and automate
• Experience managing large multi-functional projects, programs, or initiatives
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
• Excellent technical skills
• Master's in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or related field
• Experience in program product / management or management consulting
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Experience driving multiple Programs through a complete life cycle
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders