|City||New York Area|
Are you a strategic leader in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence? Have you led customer-facing teams of machine learning experts, data scientists and data engineers? Do you have a passion for transforming people and organizations through next-generation artificial intelligence techniques? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to challenge your abilities to scale organizational growth while helping customers and partners use Cloud computing services to build new solutions faster, with higher impact to the business, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we're hiring deeply experienced technical executives to lead field solutions architect teams that collaborate with our customers on building solutions in database, data management, and analytics. The Head, Americas Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Solution Architecture role requires executive-level leadership experience as well as deep foundational expertise with data science, machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence solutions. You'll have a background as an Developer and data scientist, and be passionate about enabling highly technical, senior-level field architects grow their careers ways they hadn't thought possible. You'll be adept at working cross-functionally to set and achieve complex goals with adjacent organizations including Business Development, Sales, Engineering, Professional Services and Marketing. And you'll have significant experience scaling high-performing, in-demand technical resources.
• 5+ years designing and deploying machine learning, deep learning and/or artificial intelligence solutions into enterprise environments
• 5+ years leading senior technical staff in demanding customer contexts
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
• Significant experience leading distributed teams and functions across multiple locations
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to derive patterns from multiple disparate datasets
• A passion for learning and for helping others to learn
• A strong use case orientation with a passion around detecting high-impact, repeatable solutions and iteratively deploying them into the enterprise
• History with successfully driving complex nationwide or global cross-functional initiatives
• Comfort with assuming high-profile leadership roles in demanding, highly-visible customer situations
• Comfort speaking on highly-technical subjects in front of what may be very large audiences
• Ability to execute consistently in a demanding, ambiguous, high-growth context
• 10+ years leading senior technical staff in demanding customer contexts
• Masters's or PhD degree in Computer Science or MBA
• Enterprise workload migration to one or more Cloud platforms
• Authorship of technical publications including blog entries, white papers, technical studies and/or textbooks
• Strong listening skills; deep EQ
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
At Amazon, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Amazon can mean for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age