Specialized Selection team within the SCOT organization is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design and develop highly scalable software systems. As part of this team, you will build systems that determine selection to be carried in various programs and formats. The systems we build are global in nature and are critical to enabling customers find the products they love in the formats they prefer.
We're looking for strong software development engineers who love working at the intersection of ML/research science and software engineering. You will work alongside ML, data scientists and product managers to build scalable systems that automate selection decisions. Successful candidates will have a track record of developing complex distributed software systems, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and love for algorithms.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 2+ years' full-time experience in software design and development.
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. , , ).
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Familiarity with Machine Learning (Predictive Algorithms) applications.
• Familiarity with a Scripting language like is a plus
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building web based services.