Are you interested in being part of a team of software engineers tasked with building a new AWS service that intersect cloud computing, Big Data, machine learning, and customer engagement? Do you enjoy the challenge of building and managing innovative services? Do you want to make an impact at a global scale? Then you should join our team!
Customer Engagement is a growth agent for companies that look to invest in communicating and engaging with their end customers, understanding their behaviors and unique interactions, and learning how to engage at the right precise moment with the right customer experience. Behind each of these interactions are unique moments that create an opportunity to learn and understand more about who they are and what they want. AWS Customer Engagement services (Amazon Connect, Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon SES) power over 20 billion customer interactions per day across multiple channels and use cases. We seek to create the most customer centric experiences with highly reliable, scalable, and secure engagement services that build customer knowledge, trust, and drive growth.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dive deep into emerging serverless AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, scalability, security, and the customer perspective in the course of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed microservices, serverless computing, and performance engineering. Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Our team members thrive in a hands-on environment where everyone actively participates in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
What you will get from us:
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you and your team to solve problems at AWS scale. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal and make history in launching a new strategic service in the industry.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
• 8+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience with BigData technology e.g. Hadoop, and Spark
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.