|Category||Medical, Health, & Safety|
Here at Amazon we are seeking an experienced SAFETY Professional to join the emerging markets WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY (WHS) Programs team and play a critical role in creating, implementing, and reviewing WHS programs (standards, procedures, best practices) that will serve as the foundation of all Amazon operations in LATAM. The successful candidate will work across teams to gain alignment, develop, and execute a common plan across multiple stakeholders. This requires working effectively with all business owners to ensure the delivery and execution of WHS programs. Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are essential. To work effectively in the role, the candidate would be required to develop a deep understanding of the organization's commitment to serving the associates, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams in the organization in order to solve complex business problems and implement fit-for-purpose programs to deliver the highest standards. The successful candidate is also one that has a record of accomplishment delivering success in high performing business organizations, and one who has program management experience.
This role is part of the Global Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Programs function and will support all LATAM WHS networks to align with Worldwide and Regional WHS Programs Goals.
• Lead and deliver medium to large, cross-functional SAFETY programs that serve major parts of the business. These may also be global in nature.
• Develop, review, approve and improve internal policies and procedures in the respect of the countries WHS legal and Amazon Global Standards requirements.
• Implement and track WHS programs and provide execution support to field operations.
• Drive WHS programs and best practice standardization at both Regional and Global level.
• Recommend improvements to programs scoping, building, testing and deployment across the company.
• Partner with key stakeholders such as RME, Procurement, Learning and Development etc.
Completed Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of professional work experience as a site or regional SAFETY manager, and/or experience in SAFETY program management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner across different levels.
• Experience in creating standards and procedures in an ISO format.
• Experience in stakeholder engagement, influencing and managing multiple programs.
• Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, and problem-solve.
• Ability to scope business requirements and manage risks appropriately and effectively.
• Flexible approach to work. Able to manage own priorities, workload and travel. Willingness to travel up to 30%.
• Must have drive, enthusiasm and autonomy.
• Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Able to work to tight targets and deadlines.
• +10 years of working experience in WHS.
• Results oriented person with a proven record of accomplishment of on-time program delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management.
• Fluent in speaking and writing English, and more than one country language, preferably Spanish or Portuguese.
• In-depth understanding of essential/relevant regional legislation.
• Master's Degree safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
• Have or working towards CSP, CIH, NEBOSH, or CHMM certification.
*Please apply with resume in English
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us