Are you passionate to simplify complex business and technical scenarios down to the essentials and create programmatic, repeatable mechanism to help customers get the most from state-of-the-art innovation? Are you excited about diving deep into usage patterns, data analytics and using Machine Learning models to produce insights and actions to help customers managed their cloud resources?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in the Cloud. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, healthcare, and technology.
AWS CloudTrail is the foundation service that delivers insights into user activity, API events and alerts. We are looking for an experienced product manager who will be responsible for driving and advancing the next generation of CloudTrail capabilities using state-of-the-art innovation. As a Senior Product Manager on AWS CloudTrail, you'll work with an outstanding development team building one of the largest auditing and compliance event management system in the world.
In this role, you will create and drive the product vision, own the business and execution for CloudTrail. This includes long-term product vision, feature definition, pricing, sales and marketing plans. You will engage with all types of customers and partners ranging from executives in Fortune100 companies to developers at early-stage startups. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery of new products and features is very rapid. CloudTrail is one of the most critical requirements for large enterprises moving to AWS.
The right candidate will possess proven product management skills and have product management and project experience in large, growing businesses. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across organizations and up to senior leadership.
• BA or BS in a technical field
• 5+ years of experience in a leadership capacity
• A strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience (e.g. experience as a tech director, lead programmer, or similar)
• Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software dev managers
• Experience building web services and multi-tier systems
• MBA or Master's degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Demonstrated solid judgment and effective communication skills. Ability to see the big picture, while navigating technology and partner development decisions and trade-offs
• Experience as product owner with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
• Expertise with AWS services
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done