Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 165 fully featured services from data centers globally. Amazon Web Services, Inc. provides services for broad range of applications including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), security, and application development, deployment, and management.
AWS Support is a one-on-one, fast-response support channel that is staffed 24x7x365 with experienced and technical support engineers. The service helps customers of all sizes and technical abilities to successfully utilize the products and features provided by Amazon Web Services. The AWS Support organization is global with 17 locations around the world. Unlike most support organizations, AWS Support is a self-standing business with revenue and P&L responsibility and one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS.
Program Manager - Capacity is a newly created role where we are looking for an exceptional leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry to join us as Program Manager. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate is a leader with demonstrated ability to learn new capacity planning methodologies process mapping, process roll out and organization adherence to new processes. This opportunity requires excellent problem-solving, communication skills and a strong track record of delivering results. Cross-team collaboration, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. A strong record of customer advocacy and influence without authority is important for this role.
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams, AWS Support Ops, Finance and Leadership. He/she will:
Build and implement capacity plans for hiring and staffing across AWS Support that will allow organization to scale to customer demand in the coming years
• Lead projects to define and align Operations support teams to deliver on capacity plan
• Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
• Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning, Finance, and local site workflow teams to maintain and update staffing plans.
• Communicate these plans and report on their execution to various stakeholders, and continuously improve the planning and execution cycle.
• Lead Projects to improve planning efficiency and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers.
• Monitor performance by analyzing performance statistics and financial results; evaluating staffing schedules to match contact volumes; evaluating potential productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining system and process improvements.
• Prepare management reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends and developing recommendations
• Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all operational sites in the network.
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Is results oriented
• Knowledge of or experience with spoken language understanding technologies a plus
• Prior background working with operations for business-critical services, including estimating resource requirements, defining metrics, and driving improvements to operational processes
• Knowledge of software development life cycle and SCRUM practices
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, peers and executives, and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics representing end-user experiences for speech products and services
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• A bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with some technical background.
• 7+ years' of overall experience in a consumer-facing or service organization
• 4+ years of experience in a large scale operations planning or supply chain teams
• Experience in building and managing capacity/labor/inventory plans for large scale global operations
• Experience using SQL for data analysis and reporting.
• Advance Degree (MS/MBA) in the field of operations or strategy
• Demonstrated ability to set up processes to scale up operations in a fast paced organization
• Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in an global setup with stakeholders present across the globe.
• Experience in implementing organization wide processes to improve efficiency of operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.