*** This is a virtual role. Candidates can be located anywhere in the continental United States or Canada.**
Amazon is seeking a high energy Safety Program Manager to join the Amazon Logistics division of the Workplace Health and Safety team. In this role, you will collaborate with senior Operations, Engineering, and EHS leaders to improve internal processes, automate manual processes, and drive continuous improvement in the rapidly expanding Amazon Logistics org.
In this role, you will be responsible for new launch site startup related projects and processes that drive the successful launch of hundreds of Amazon Logistics sites, as well as overseeing the execution of new initiatives and pilot projects to improve our startup and launch process. This role requires the ability to balance multiple projects while maintaining the highest quality standards and consistently delivering on key milestones.
• Work closely with internal subject matter experts to gather information, understand deliverables, and drive decision-making at the highest levels of the organization.
• Conduct postmortem launch/startup program evaluations and identify strengths/weakness, effectiveness, and opportunities for revision to ensure continual improvement.
• Provide program level support for AMZL post-launch/startup process.
• Manages the project development lifecycle including kickoff and checkpoint meetings with stakeholders, narrative reviews, production timelines, and quality assurance.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible and able to adjust changing business priorities.
• Provide solution-focused support in the areas of design-in-safety, risk assessment, job hazard analysis, and development of safety systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in safety/industrial/engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
• Must possess a minimum of 3+ years' work experience in Operations, EHS, Engineering, Quality and/or related field.
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
• Proven organizational and project management skills
• Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience working with Gensuite, Tableau, and/or other automated reporting systems.
• Able to travel up to 30%.
• Master's Degree safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
• Experiencing launching Amazon sites or supporting a rapidly growing business unit or company
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
• Have or working towards PMP, ASP, CSP, or CIH certification.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us