Are you passionate about leading a high powered engineering team with a strong track record of delivery working on a growing service poised for the next level of growth? Are you excited about impactful technical projects that help our biggest enterprise customers manage hundreds of accounts with over a million resources across multiple regions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in the Cloud. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, healthcare, and technology.
AWS Config is the foundation service that customers rely on to manage the configuration, and adherence to IT policy, for their cloud resources. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who will be responsible for the team that will build the AWS Config developer experience for our customers. As a Software Development Manager on AWS Config, your job will be to work with, and grow, an outstanding development team building one of the largest cloud resource management and compliance systems in the world.
In this role, you will own delivery of a world class developer experience for AWS Config, including including a community driven site for discovering and deploying Config artifacts, as well as tools and IDE integration for creating and testing new artifacts.This includes hiring and growing the best software engineers, guiding architectural design and investments, driving a high bar on quality and operations, and helping to define long term vision with product management. You will engage with partners within and without AWS, and work with customers ranging from Fortune100 companies to scrappy startups. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery of new products and features is very rapid. AWS Config is one of the most critical requirements for large enterprises moving to AWS.
The right candidate will possess proven engineering management skills and have experience leading software developers in a high growth team. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across organizations and up to senior leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Passion for people management and mentorship.
• Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Experience leading multiple engineering teams
• Excellence in technical communication (verbal and written) with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **