|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management|
Are you a visionary personality looking for an opportunity to think big? Can you work on developing a holistic long term Transportation Network strategy that will optimally flow millions of items from thousands of vendors to tens of millions of customers? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed and growing organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world?
If so, the Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) Delivery and Transportation team is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong record of achieving results, to create and execute a worldwide Amazon transportation network. They will work closely with our retail and operations partners across the globe in order to effectively manage volume flows and fullness for our fulfillment centers and delivery stations.
We are seeking an experienced leader for an exciting opportunity to work within the Transportation Network Planning team, providing support across North America operations, with the ability to create this complicated Middle Mile network.
The transportation network encompasses all of the operations required to deliver worldwide shipments from our Fulfillment centers, Sort centers, third party partners and Direct Fulfillment (DF) vendors to our customers. This role requires innovation, thinking outside the box, and deep understanding of the network to come up with solution. It also requires working with multiple business and technical/configuration teams across the company to manage operations projects, drive continuous improvement and enhance carrier performance. Role will heavily involve optimization of lanes based on trailer utilization, speed and distance travelled by shipments.
Candidate must be effective in influencing leadership across retail and sort center leadership, transportation operations (AMXL, ATS, DF), technology teams, multiple carrier partners and senior leadership. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion.
• Leader: Significant experience leading teams to consistently deliver valuable projects.
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way.
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary.
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges.
• Results driven: Ability to take stretch goals and wow the internal and external customers with exceptional outcomes.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Business or other related quantitative discipline.
• 3+ years of years of relevant work experience in transportation and/or supply chain, planning, manufacturing, finance or related field.
• Prior experience driving decisions through data and analytics, utilizing tools such as SQL, Tableau and Excel
• Prior full-cycle program/product management experience in a similar industry.
• Prior experience simplifying on a large scale and gain buy-in from senior leaders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MBA or Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
• 3+ years of experience in transportation operations, carrier management and transportation systems.
• Prior experience in distribution or transportation of high value large items/ heavy bulky products.
• Prior experience in network design and optimization.
• Prior experience and desire to work in a hands-on role with operators in order to identify areas of improvement.
• Prior experience leading and influencing teams that are responsible for managing business operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.