|Category||Business & Merchant Development|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups, through to leading web companies and digital native organizations, all the way to Global 2000 companies in verticals including financial services, energy, telecommunications, retail, logistics, and technology.
Would you like to increase customer adoption of AWS cloud? Do you have the business savvy, technical knowledge, and executive presence necessary to help AWS take its transformational messages to enterprise customers? Do you have storage, data lake and analytics experience to help customers secure their data in the cloud and turn that data into insights to grow and streamline their business?
We are looking for an accomplished leader with extensive customer-facing experiences in storage, data lake and analytics. That experience could come through increasing responsibility in product management/marketing, solution engineering, or consulting roles. In this role, you will provide thought leadership to our US-Central team and enterprise customers - identifying key use cases, turning those into actionable sales plays, collaborating with Marketing on demand generation activities, and engaging our APN Partners to scale demand generation and delivery. In addition, you will engage directly with our Sales teams to serve as a trusted advisor to their enterprise customers - helping them define a strategy, approach, and timeline to monetize their data and customer experiences. You will also lead sales enablement around your sales plays, campaigns, and associated AWS services. Key AWS services in your portfolio will include S3, EBS, EFS, FSx, and Lake Formation.
In this role, you will be accountable to:
• Deliver results for your segment of the US-Central business (storage services) including revenue and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Act as a trusted advisor to our enterprise customers on their storage and data strategy
• Set strategic Go-To-Market (GTM) direction including prioritizing and designing high impact sales plays and campaigns
• Lead a cross functional team to execute your GTM plan and activities including Marketing, Partner, Solution Architecture, Sales, and AWS Professional Services
• Enable US-Central account teams to effectively run your sales plays and properly position associated solutions and AWS services with enterprise customers
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO / VP level, as well as background that enables them to easily interact with line-of-business and IT leaders responsible for their organization's storage and data strategy. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across the business to set vision, objectives and to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to dive deep is a must.
• 10+ years of product management, product marketing, solution engineering, or consulting experience
• Technology familiarity around:
o Data Lake
• Ability to think strategically and long-term, act tactically, and take Ownership (not my job is not in your vocabulary) to meet the needs of complex customer business challenges
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• A history of engaging in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and exploring how AWS services can help address and resolve these challenges
• Prepare and deliver in-depth, data driven and concise insight-led business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and associated metrics
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
• Experience organizing and leading high performance multi-discipline virtual teams focused on customer outcomes
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
This position must be located within AWS US-Central (Texas, Midwest, and Great Lakes), with a preference for Austin.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records