|Category||Business & Merchant Development|
|City||San Francisco Bay Area|
Amazon Devices and Digital Services, the team behind the best-selling Amazon Echo, Alexa, Kindle E-Reader, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, and Home Security product lines - is seeking a high-performing, innovative, results-oriented and customer-obsessed, Senior Business Development Manager to help deliver great Fire TV experiences to millions of customers.
Fire TV is an industry-leading media experience and one of the most innovative and fastest-growing businesses in consumer devices, with over 40 million active customers and products spanning across multiple categories including streaming media players, smart TVs, soundbars, and automotive. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. The Fire TV Business Development team operates in one of the most diverse businesses at Amazon - empowered to explore new ideas, channels, and tools, setting the stage for how we'll do business tomorrow.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will work closely with leadership and product development teams to develop strategic partnerships with consumer electronics companies to support Fire TV programs, as well as other projects within the Amazon Devices organization. You will be required to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and effectively negotiate terms for the benefit of our customers. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your understanding of high tech industries inside one of the world's leading technology companies to structure innovative and impactful partnerships.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
• Serve as a key member of the Amazon Digital Devices and Services team in helping to define and deliver the overall digital device strategy
• Prepare supporting documents and analysis, and present strategic deal reviews to the senior management team
• Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage partnerships that drive customer delight and support our strategic objectives on a global basis.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and work with appropriate leaders and across all functional areas of Amazon to execute on the relationships.
• Define the success metrics and improve product roadmaps by communicating opportunities and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
• 20%-30% travel may be required (subject to current safety guidance)
• Extraordinary business writing skills
• 5+ years of business development experience closing complex, strategic partnership deals in the consumer electronics industry
• 7+ years of experience in a business role: business development, corporate development, product management / product marketing, partner management, or engineering leadership
• Experience with business models and data analysis
• Exceptional ability to communicate with and influence executives and both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Experience partnering with major consumer electronics brands
• Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing successful large-scale and complex deals
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
• Strong analytical orientation; comfortable using data to make decisions
• Strong sense of ownership and bias for action, meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without sacrificing quality
• MBA and/or JD are a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.