|Category||Finance and Global Business Services|
Do you want to be a part of AWS growth story? AWS Finance seeks a Senior Finance Analyst to support the Region Services team. The team is responsible for financial analysis required to support business decisions to expand the global footprint of AWS Services. This position will support the Dedicated Cloud Solutions team to "Get an AWS cloud in every community." This position will work closely with regional services business partners and teams across the AWS organization to drive revenue/demand analysis, usage forecasts, pricing models, cost reduction opportunities, regional P&L's and optimize CapEx expenditures.
The successful candidate must be able to think strategically, perform dive deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work closely with our business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across sales, infrastructure, capacity planning, operations, and technology teams to reduce cost while improving customer experiences
• Provide finance support in order to make pursue/not pursue decisions for new regions, new products, and other strategic offerings. Also, support pricing analysis for new regions/new services/new products.
• Build complex financial models and analytical tools for regional financial analyses; streamline processes and lead improvement projects.
• Developing metrics and reports to provide controllership to all programs.
• Create, maintain and improve profitability and management reporting for all regions.
• Drive the financial planning / budgeting process for region expansion.
• Support the Region P&Ls and influence business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures.
• Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively with senior leadership.
• BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of finance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Eligible for US Security Clearances
• MBA Preferred
• Advanced Financial Modeling and Excel functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Excellent judgment and ability to manage diverse stakeholders
• Superior communication skills and the ability to express complex ideas succinctly and clearly
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Familiarity with financial systems such a Cognos TM1 preferred.
• Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.