Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Product Manager - Technical who will be working with the AR SW and HW teams focused on new product and technology development. The PM-T is responsible for defining a system of interrelated products and assisting the team through the full product lifecycle. This position will be responsible for strategic planning, financial analysis, feature definition and specification, and resource scoping and commitments for multiple programs. This role is also a customer facing position and will require the ability to build relationships with Amazon Fulfillment teams and to develop and assess external requirements. The position will report within the product management organization.
• Serve as the Voice of the Customer for the product line throughout its life cycle from initial concept creation to launch, and subsequent support of the product.
• Establish product goals and develop the roadmap. Identify new product opportunities by evaluating the business and competitive landscape, understanding customer needs and value drivers
• Write business and product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
• Participate as a member of the core team during development, including research, requirements definition, metrics analysis, implementation, testing, and launch efforts.
• Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
• Present confidently to Amazon senior management as well as other large audiences.
• A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline. A computer science, engineering or equivalent technical background is strongly preferred.
• 3+ years in product management experience
• A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope
• Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
• Experience working on multiple product lines that span both SW and HW
• Experience in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements