|City||New York Area|
The Global Specialty (GSF) Team is seeking an exemplary Business Analyst with broad technical skills to develop data visualizations and build automation solutions that drive business decision making and process improvement. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, problem solving skills, and passion for delivering business insights and analytics. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun.
The complexity of research and skills for a Business Analyst is well beyond basic data entry and extraction. It involves design and development of automated data pipelines, sophisticated analytical model and intuitive data visualization. In addition, this role is on a large analytical team that supports a wide range of businesses including: Prime Now, Whole Foods Market, Central , etc.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
- Data extraction, manipulation and production from database tables (e.g. Data Warehouse)
- Automation and tool development using and/or programming language
- Design and implementation of analytical model
- Development of data visualization using commercial suites
• BS degree in analytical field and 3+ years of industry experience in an analytical role or an MS degree with 1 year's experience or 2 years' related Amazon experience.
• 2+ years of industry SQL experience
• Prior experience with and VBA
• Prior experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau, QuikSight, Power BI)
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Prior experience in analytical modeling
• Proficiency in one modern programming language
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.