AWS and SAP have been collaborating since SAP became a customer in 2008. Together, we have certified AWS to support most SAP solutions, brought purpose built EC2 instances to market to support SAP customer needs, and helped SAP leverage AWS services to power a number of their SaaS and PaaS offerings like Concur, SuccessFactors (for government agencies), HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC), and SCP. AWS has been supporting SAP workloads for customers longer than any other cloud provider (since 2011), has more customers (5,000+ across all segments) than any other cloud provider.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational SAP solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Senior SAP Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services organization. This self-starter will be responsible for partnering with Professional Services account teams and practice managers to dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal SAP Professional Services engagement. The Senior SAP CDA will remain meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team, and project/program to provide oversight resulting in high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. This person will have unique SAP expertise, selling Professional Services, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams this talent will ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, SAP solutions to the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class SAP solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical talent within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Create and present sales content (SAP ProServ Value Prop Presentations, RFP responses, Proposals, Estimates, SOWs etc)
• Respond to RFPs working with Account teams, Practice Managers, and Enterprise Services Managers.
• Collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales to drive adoption of SAP Solutions into top accounts
• Identify, facilitate, and contribute to the creation of workshops
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 9+ years with SAP systems such as SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Suite on HANA or equivalent
• 9+ years of IT implementation or consulting experience
• 6+ years designing architecting and building SAP Systems
• Experience with SAP Basis / NetWeaver and HANA Administration
• Experience in selling and delivering business value to customers with SAP solutions
• Experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• Experience in building Enterprise Level, scalable and highly available SAP infrastructure
• Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of SAP applications, infrastructure and security
• Experience with cloud infrastructure
• Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytics Cloud solutions
• Extensive pre-sales experience with turning technical concepts into business outcomes, and communicating at the executive level
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.