|City||New York Area|
This role's mission is to design and deliver core components of the "experimentation platform" that enables millions of Catalog data experiments. These experiments influence how Amazon teams, Amazon sellers and vendors curate catalog data for best customer experience.While building this platform, you will have the opportunity to learn the entire suite of Amazon catalog systems and services (ingestion, enrichment, validation, reconciliation, matching, storage,...) as well as the customer facing systems (search, product detail page, checkout page...) that consume and display catalog data.
Our organization has a strong focus and great track record of growing our employees.
An information-rich and accurate product catalog is a critical strategic asset for Amazon. It powers unrivaled product discovery, informs customers' buying decisions, offers a large selection and positions Amazon as the first stop for our customers. This is a unique position that provides an opportunity to build data-driven systems at a scale rarely available anywhere else. As a technical leader of this team you will conceive and deliver an experimentation platform that will allow business and engineering teams to launch and manage experiments, rollout new catalog services and sub-systems and associate them to end customer and business impact. This end-to-end ecosystem will be the cornerstone to ideate, test and launch new solutions to influence the way millions of our customers discover and buy our products worldwide.
1. Contribute to the architecture of the Catalog Experimentation Platform.
2. Ready to quickly ramp and learn newer technologies.
3. Strong problem solving and coding skills.
4. Ready for challenges of distributed systems at scale.
5. Excellent team collaboration skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 3+ years of professional experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, Python or Scala.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross teams.