Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry-defining projects that your family and friends will use?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build things for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon - someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with distributed, complex systems, and mature build and deployment processes.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
• Experience with any of the following: NLP, Statistics, Information Retrieval, Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.